Our PNIF Meter has a number of benefits:
- Helps guide the clinician in determining whether surgical intervention or further assessment is appropriate.
- Measures nasal volume and flow for assessing nasal airway patency
- With normal use it is expected that the PNIF unit will remain within the accuracy range for 2 years
- Ease of use and easily cleaned as per instructions
Our GM Instruments Peak Nasal Inspiratory Flow (PNIF) Meter can be used to quickly assess the patency of a patients nose. It is used along with either a disposable or reusable mask, both of which are available in in a range of sizes (See Options Tab).
A medium disposable mask is included as standard with the unit.
It uses a variable diameter tube calibrated directly in litres per minute (L/pm), along with a low inertia indicator ring, whose position after an inspiratory manoeuvre clearly indicates the maximum flow achieved.
It is recommended that an average reading of the best of 3 manoeuvres should be recorded for a subject as care must be taken to allow for variability in subject effort, and the possible effect of nasal valve collapse.
- Disposable PNIF small masks
- Disposable PNIF medium masks
- Re-usable PNIF small masks
- Re-usable PNIF medium masks
- Anti-viral filters (to avoid contamination of the PNIF from expiration by the subject)
Units can be ordered on a one off basis or in larger quantities, please contact us for quotations.
Accuracy: Plus/Minus 10% of reading or 10 L/min flow (whichever is the greater), with repeatability of plus/minus 5%.
Measuring: Average of 3 readings